Metafiction Assignment - Guitar, as my life

The protagonist is remembering his painful old days.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 years ago, Beijing's morning was truly beautiful. The sunlight was splendid, the winds tickled everybody's nose, made them laugh; Beijing was full of joy and bliss, except me, Weng Wang. Once a world's best guitarist, but back then, I was just a social misfit who has had a day of drinking and smoking. Secluding myself from the society, I had quit playing guitar five years before, since the day I made a huge mistake on the world's biggest rock festival. In that festival, we performed as the main band, but I forgot the code progress of the song, so I stopped playing and the stage was completely doomed. After that accident, the band was totally broke, and my career as a guitarist was also stopped.
japanese guitarist에 대한 이미지 검색결과
Weng Wang's past.

That accident snatched all the passion of 'guitarist Weng' and I was not a guitarist anymore. Not willing to make another mistake, I stopped playing guitar, which made me nothing but just a normal man with useless fancy guitars.

Next day morning, somebody was smashing at the door. "炳新塞基野 文熱漁! 野 李 骨草塞基野!(Hey! Open the door! Your smoke is coming upstairs! I can't even breath!.)" I woke up and opened the door. Suddenly, a neighbor who lives upstairs strongly pushed me back and yelled at me. He said, "李 開退物塞基 亞織道 尼家 調波壓人傑 模累羅?(Are you acting like this since you are ex-celebrity? You are just a misfit now! I warn you! Stop messing with everybody!)" Being left alone and hopeless, I, Weng Wang, just wanted more drink and cigarettes to get rid of terrible memories. But as I had not worked for years, my bank balance was not enough to afford my liquor and cigars. So I decided to make money by selling my guitar collection, which will cost pretty much.
dusty guitar case에 대한 이미지 검색결과
The guitar case what I used in elementary school

It was when I was cleaning up my dusty guitar case, there was a sudden drop of an object from my oldest guitar when I used in my elementary school days. "Oh, what is this? I can barely remember this book." I muttered quietly. It was an old Korean storybook what I used to read and motivated my dream as a future guitarist when I was elementary school kid. I opened the book and thought the title doesn't match the story, but I just read. ( The title was '基他 調波壓乙 位韓 策' (='The Guitarist Son')

 'I and Jueon went to Mr.Menard's office the next day and this is how our trio started. Though I was far behind other two, I practiced hard so I won't be a burden to them. Months passed and it seemed that the trio was going quite well. One day, when I and Jueon were practicing in Chungmu, Jueon suggested performing at '민사음'.'

"Oh! I remember this part...! It reminisces me of my childhood when I tried to stand on the stage... I really worked hard at that time! "
And I read on.

 'But then 민사음 got cancelled that year. Jueon was in immense despair. Mr.Menard called him to his office and gave Jueon a rock, saying that it will make things better. But Jueon was so depressed that such a rock seemed "inurnsequential" in his eyes.'

Reading this part, I remembered young me, who failed to participate in the school festival, which meant everything to the high school student.

 'Mr.Choi(행정실장) bringing me and Jueon, started to play rock that we planned to play in 민사음. Today is the day of 민사음. I and Jueon are feeling nervous in front of the audiences. However, since we worked hard for this stage, I think this performance can move the audiences' mind. Today is the best day of my life.'

When I finished this part, It made me reflect on myself for giving up everything for fear of a moment's failure without trying. So I gathered my heart and decided to restart my career as a guitarist.

Since that day, I did my best over the year, and I restarted my career as a guitarist.
And five years passed since the day, and I'm now a guitarist again. I'm not famous as that I was 10 years before, but I love playing guitar much more.
japan guitarist에 대한 이미지 검색결과
These days, I play guitar again.

Comments

  1. Conceptually, this has potential. A guitarist discovering a "storybook" or some journal he wrote that might pull him out of a depression and inspire him to get back to work. The problem is that the chainwriting material doesn't really match what you've set it up to be. Number one, how is this an "old Korean storybook?" It might be able to come across as a poorly written student journal, but it definitely isn't an old Korean storybook. So, already your plot has lost an important key ingredient. Your writing is solid outside of this, but the chainwriting material (I'm sorry to say) doesn't make much sense and is kind of terrible. As well, it's a grammatical train wreck. So the idea is good, but the execution is bumpy, and the chainwriting material doesn't help your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rug: a Feminist Literature?!

How Can Social Circumstances can Affect Literature: Through Anton Chekhov's Short Stories

James Joyce: A Quantum Writer.